Getting a CCTV system installed in your home or business in todays world, is a pretty normal thing to do. Increases in crime and burglars becoming more brazen, have forced all of us to look to digital surveillance equipment to protect our families, our staff, our homes and our businesses. There are many advantages to installing a digital CCTV system and we will talk about some of them here.
- Less Incidents – They definitely reduce the incidents in crime, in all areas in the UK. These systems are able to capture sharp images of peoples’ faces and number plates, and also offer a wide angled view point. This allows businesses to be able to monitor their premises, both inside and out, twenty four hours a day, seven days a week. Clearer better images are allowing the police to find their man quicker and easier, and the images are used in court to prosecute these people and jail them.
- Ease Of Use – CCTV systems are fairly standard to install, and less equipment is required, due to the small size of the cameras and recorders. Because they are easier to use, it doesn’t take long to train your security staff how to use them, and how to use them to their optimum efficiency. Also, because it is a digital system, you don’t actually have to be in your office to keep an eye on it. This can be done remotely.
- Remote Monitoring – As mentioned previously, due to the internet and the digital age, you can monitor any area covered by a CCTV system from literally anywhere in the world, as long as there is internet available. These new cameras used with todays modern CCTV systems, can see more, which means that you need less of them. Keeping recordings are now increasingly easier and the images can be stored on a small memory storage device.
- Easy Expansion – CCTV systems can be added to, so if you are from the Leicester area, for example, then you can and tell them about your increases in size regarding buildings and storage, and they will be more than happy to add to your existing system. As the area that needs to be covered grows, so too can your CCTV system. Additional digital cameras can be added without much difficulty and these, too, can provide images for you all over the world.
- Easy Sourcing – If there is an incident and you need to refer back to that time, it is pretty easy with a digital system. With the old analogue system, you had to look through hours and hours of images but with digital, it allows you to go to a specific time on a specific date. If you have a CCTV system in place, it will also ensure that your employees are doing what they are supposed to be doing and you will find they will take less tea breaks and work more efficiently.
Installing a CCTV system is the first step in enhanced safety and efficiency in the workplace. Contact your local CCTV supplier in the Leicester area today for a quote.